…according to my extensive experience fiddling around on a Motorola Droid and HTC Incredible. This is the list of what I just can’t live without on my trusty smartphone (in no particular order)
I haven’t found another app with as good a list of camera styles, effects and borders.
Amazon App Store
One free paid app per day. The only reason I can think of to have this app – and that’s pretty much enough for me! Unfortunately, there are a lot of games and kids titles (I would like to see more tools and utilities)
– FREE & Paid
Scan all your receipts every night! Never lose track of your expenses. Will store a high res scan of your receipt, convert it to editable text and allow you to export to a spreadsheet complete with tags! Can’t live without it!
– $4.00 (+ free lite version)
For me, there is no other audio recorder
on Android! I use this to record the Obscure Movie Night podcast and pretty much any time I need to record some audio on the fly and save to pretty much any audio format I want (mp3, ogg, wav, etc)
– FREE (premium membership required)
Another app I can’t live without! Any time access to pretty much any song you want to hear as much as you want to hear it! Playlists! Social sharing! Don’t take away my Spotify!!
Not exactly a “can’t live without it” kind of app, but one that I definitely need for several reasons. The first being the storage of 20,000 of my own audio files
regardless of size! I have months and months worth of Coast to Coast AM
stored forever!! Google Music also has better prices and sales on a lot of music than other stores out there.
SMS Backup +
A genius app! Backs up all of your SMS/MMS messages to your gmail account! Never permanently delete a text again! Never worry about changing phones and losing text messages! Gotta have it!!
A great podcatching app! I use it to listen to Coast to Coast AM, the Pop Zombie Podcast, Alec Baldwin’s Here’s the Thing, Adam Carolla, etc! Easy to use. Need it.
Does so much it’s not possible to list it all here without becoming overkill. The best things: password protect apps, move apps to SD card, batch uninstall and more! SO useful!
Watch free full length movies and tv shows without signing up for anything. Just watch! Need I say more?
The only other camera app I really use. Good camera effects and great social features. The only Android camera app that comes close to Burbn’s Instagr.am app for iOS.
Let somebody track you with your GPS! Really useful for letting someone see when you’ll be arriving somewhere AND for trying to coordinating a meeting when neither of you know where the heck you’re going. Another must have app.
The only web browser I use on Android. As close to Chrome as it gets so far (haven’t tried Chrome for Android yet)
Easily change your wallpaper and sound events – literally thousands of images and sounds.
Movie reviews AND showtimes! If you love movies, you really need this app. The only one you’ll need. Stop searching Google for movie info.
– FREE & Paid
Most of you probably use Shazam to figure out what song is playing on the radio or tv or a movie or whatever, but SoundHound is so much better! Give it a try.
- Making a Movie Using Your Android Phone (mycricket.com)
- Amazon Appstore’s Free App of the Day for Feb. 16, 2012: Doodler (Ad-Free) (examiner.com)
- 4 Things Worth Knowing About Android Phones (mycricket.com)
- Amazing Things You Can Do With Your Android’s Camera (mycricket.com)
- Android Apps You’d Have To Pry From Our Cold, Dead Fingers (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- The Best Android Apps (mycricket.com)
- Holga iPhone Lens Filter Kit will please lomography fans out there (ubergizmo.com)
- News on HTC Droid Incredible (phonesreview.co.uk)
- Amazon Appstore for Android free, paid app for 09 Feb 2012: Horoscope HD Pro (examiner.com)
- Best Android Apps by Need: Entertainment, Travel, Fitness, & More (mycricket.com)
- How to Make Your Own Android App (mycricket.com)
- Are App Stores Where the Real Money Is? (Editorial) (pocketnow.com)
- Free Android App of the Day from Amazon Appstore:Bag It! (qponxris.wordpress.com)
- Instagram for Android: Little Photo. (vermeiretim.com)
- Spotify Platform hits: HTML5 music apps from Last.fm, more (electronista.com)
- Google unhappy with Google Music adoption, says CNET (theverge.com)
- Unofficial Music API Close To Completion, Could Soon Allow Apps To Integrate With Google Music (oracleidentity.wordpress.com)
- Google Music leap day sale offers 29 albums for only $2.99 each (knowyourcell.com)
- Which Apps Are the Most Popular by Age on Android? [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- I Prefer Amazon’s AppStore to the Android Market and Apparently I’m Not Alone (geardiary.com)
- Paint3D app promises to let you sketch and print 3D models straight from Android (engadget.com)
- Use Android? Three Ways to Make It More Free – PCWorld (blog) (pcworld.com)
- Evolution of the Android Market (mycricket.com)
- Boom in chart downloads at Amazon App Store (mobile-ent.biz)
- How to Download Android Apps to PC from Android Market (callingallgeeks.org)
- Soundtracking for Android Shares Your Playlists with Friends, Links to Spotify and Rdio So They Can Listen In [Android Downloads] (lifehacker.com)
- Spotify’s ‘new direction’ will be determined by app developers (news.cnet.com)
- 5 Bizarre Android Apps that Are Actually Useful (mycricket.com)
- Android Apps 2.5 Times Pricier Than iPhone Apps – PC Magazine (pcmag.com)
- For Some Developers, Amazon Appstore Now Brings In More Money (techcrunch.com)
- Many Devs Earn More on Amazon Appstore Than Android Market (devx.com)